Professional Development and Workshops
NCLT hosts national and international workshops for educators engaged in nanoscale science and engineering education, as well as professional development MWM workshops for teachers.
( 4 Articles )
This section contains information about professional development, human resource planning, and workshops.
Pre-College Level Workshops Archive
( 10 Articles )
The NCLT professional development plan is based on both the National Science Standards and current research. Successful professional development requires:
The NCLT Professional Development experience is designed with the following goals:
- Learning essential science content through the perspectives and methods of inquiry;
- Integrating knowledge of science, learning, pedagogy and students, and applying that knowledge to teaching;
- Building understanding and ability for lifelong learning; and
- A coherent and integrated program.
- To provide 7-12 grade science teachers with an enhanced understanding of nanoscience;
- To introduce teachers to inquiry-based methods for teaching nanoscience;
- To provide 7-12 grade science teachers with a collection of suitable classroom activities;
- To assist teachers in developing their own nanoscience activities and projects for classroom use;
- To enhance teachers’ awareness of the connections between nanoscience and the traditional sciences of chemistry, physics, biology, earth science, and mathematics.
If you are interested in hosting a Professional Development at your institution, please email us.
College Level Workshops Archive
( 4 Articles )
NCLT organizes college level workshops in order to:
- encourage the "best practices" for incorporating nanoscience into curriculum and creation of new courses in nanoscience and nanotechnology;
- foster the utilization of research-based pedagogical approaches for incorporating nanoscience as well as focusing on incorporating nanoscience concepts and assessment methodologies;
- promote exchange of ideas and best practices within the broader NSEE community.
For more information about upcoming workshops, please contact us.
NCLT-sponsored and Related International Workshops
( 7 Articles )
This section contains links to international workshops.
This page is best viewed in IE6, Firefox or Safari, in 1024 x 768 or higher resolution